79 cutlass build thread (ALOT OF PICTURES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camshaft

Master Mechanic
May 27, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
I've seen a couple of yellow Cutlasses, they look good. I can't wait to see it done. Black stripes with red details would look cool, like a 1970 Rallye 350.

rick48195

Apprentice
May 21, 2009
outsider_27 said:
IMO, the only cars that can do yellow is the old Mopars, Roadrunners, Superbirds, and the like.

Don't forget Mustangs, they look great in bright yellow IMO

gs dewd

Greasemonkey
May 25, 2008
Crimora, Va
As you can tell from my build thread my car was a pale yellow and actually, unless it just grew on me, look ok. Now I have to wait and see what yours is going to look like the brighter yellow. It may suprise alot of people and look great. But as long as you like it, thats all that matters.

vladj

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
ya its a love/ hate thing. some people love it and some people hate it. i think it looks nice. i was just tired of the black/white/red and gold paint jobs most cutlasses had and i wanted something different.

thanks;

vlad

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
do-not-want-dog.jpg

That is easily the funniest thing I have seen on this board.

This is a great thread for me to read, because while I can turn a wrench, my body repairs are primitive at best (think pop rivets).

One little thing I noticed is that your buddy who painted under the body got one or two of your grease zerks -- not a huge deal, but be sure to get that off of there when you lube the chassis.

vladj

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
i appreciate the response guys. the project it moving pretty slowly right now mainly because im being lazy. put the car together today:

Picture023.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture026-1.jpg

also started marking the fenders for the GNX vents. but when i finally got my air grinder to work i had to go eat supper and then i was just to lazy to go back out there.

let me know what you think.

vladj

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
lol i know but with an 8 month old baby and a fiance that wants to be around me all the time its hard to get time for the car. anyways got the fender vents on today:

Picture033.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture028-1.jpg

Picture027-1.jpg

what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor