79' Cutlass. Over due budget build, LT1, 700r4, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
I started taking apart my head lights and figuring how I want to make these things work. I think I'm going to cut out the buckets in the nose and fiber glass the ones from the celebrity. I'd like to make it work as if it were build that way so make it adjustable and not hack it in there. I've never used fiber glass before but it looks pretty straight forward.

Attachments

• IMAG1516.jpg
    IMAG1516.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 915
  • IMAG1515.jpg
    IMAG1515.jpg
    917.6 KB · Views: 893
  • IMAG1510.jpg
    IMAG1510.jpg
    998.8 KB · Views: 892

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
Re: 79' Cutlass build. LT1, celebrity head light swap.

I finished one side of my headlights. They are fully adjustable so they will would just like stock. Used bondo and fiber glass to graft the area I cut with the celebrity buckets.

I still need to cut the bezels to fit, and ill probably use some bondo and fill the area I cut out of the middle and paint it. It looks good though.

Tomorrow I'll do the other side then work out the wiring real quick.

Attachments

• IMAG1541.jpg
    IMAG1541.jpg
    979.9 KB · Views: 773
  • IMAG1551.jpg
    IMAG1551.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 800

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Badass!!! Came out niCE 8) gives the cutty a totally different CLEAN CALI look!!! Glad to CE someone else running the composites,I have them in all my g's(elco,2 mcSS,)I'll shoot you those bezels if you want? Practice,then you could perfect them on your good ones? What kind of mirrors you looking to run? I have a set of remote,driver&pass from a 78 with bezels,and I also have some 86-88 sport mirrors(Monte-elco type)lmk.shoot me a price for that ECM you have as well I need one to start my tpi swap on my el :wink: great work,keep the progress coming!!!

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
I got the other head light bucket mounted today. Came out pretty good, I haven't got it wired or aimed the lights to see how they will look functioning. I have high hopes (cough) haha. Overall though even with no bezels or grills and the lights aimed all wonky it looks like a different car. Soo stoked to finally do this mod! No one ever seems to bust out like this on the cuttys, particulay the 78-80's. Just glad to have my cars "G" levels moving higher up the scale.

I'll let you know what's up with my ecm. Gotta go get it from storage. I'm game to get those bezels too.

Attachments

• IMAG1561.jpg
    IMAG1561.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 676
  • IMAG1559.jpg
    IMAG1559.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 665

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
Pretty much finished up with my head light swap, very pleased with the outcome.

I'm fixing the grills right now, some of the taps broke off. Still need to cut up the bezels.

Attachments

• IMAG1572.jpg
    IMAG1572.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 599

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
havent been able to post pics for a while but i got my bezels done. just been saving up for a new 700r4 and i got a 74 camaro project im doing another lt1 swap into. im going to take te th350 and put it in the old camaro.

xodruxo

Apprentice
Feb 21, 2010
Denver, Dollarado
Hey doc. Im in the process of doing this same swap I have everything ready to go from- engine, pcm, harness, crossmember, mounts, and trans. Its going into a 86 gp and im running the 4l60e trans all from the same car (95 caprice 9c1) do you have a layout of the wiring and also do u think I need to swap the passenger mount like u had to in yours just looking to try and make it go as smooth as possible even though im expecting the fight of my life... lol... hook me up with some pointers that youve ran across on your journey
Thanks in advance

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
Hey xodruxo, its been a while since Ive been on. I don't know how your project is going but if you have the entire caprice harness its pretty easy to wire up. But the harness won't look pretty but it will work. Its a pain to take down the harness and remove the firewall gromets. And yes you need to swap the pass side mount. All you have to do is flip it upside down. But hopeits going well tho. Hit me up with any questions or updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor