79 El Camino lowered 3" finally done

Status
Not open for further replies.

deerhunter

Apprentice
Mar 11, 2010
Summerville, SC
She sucked up water, hydrolocked it, it was still pouring when it happened, so i left it and walked to a buddys house. 3 hours later i went back and whipped out all the plugs and let the quart of water drain out. took a few tries, but she fired up eventually and now runs t*ts. i changed the oil, no water in the crankcase, but water did get in the cab, and is now making my carpet smell like sh*t. guess ill need a new carpet and jute kit...or maybe ill just dynamat it....oh the possibilities.

deerhunter

Apprentice
Mar 11, 2010
Summerville, SC
6a803089.jpg

744248b8.jpg

b7cffb0e.jpg

Changed the wheels cuz these had way more tread than my bfgs. also put some air in the shocks to kick the *ss up a tad. now she has less of a lowrider thing going on.

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
did you ever get your camber issues worked out...and is it worth the 3 inch drop

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
deerhunter said:
She sucked up water, hydrolocked it, it was still pouring when it happened, so i left it and walked to a buddys house. 3 hours later i went back and whipped out all the plugs and let the quart of water drain out. took a few tries, but she fired up eventually and now runs t*ts. i changed the oil, no water in the crankcase, but water did get in the cab, and is now making my carpet smell like sh*t. guess ill need a new carpet and jute kit...or maybe ill just dynamat it....oh the possibilities.

Man, that blows. My buddy's Civic sucked up water like that one day and now there's a fist-sized hole in his block and part of the crank is missing.. And I know what it's like to have shitty smelling carpet, too!
Gotta say though, your car's lookin' good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor