79 el camino motor swap question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2006
I have a 79 el camino with a 231 v-6 with a bad oil pump. Would a 350 be a perfect swap motor or should I choose a different motor? Will I have to modify my engine bay at all or get a conversion kit?

dexter047

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2005
raleigh, nc
you just need small block motor mounts, and change the transmission. a 350 will tear that v6 transmission to pieces, other than that it is pretty much bolt in.

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
Bigger Radiator, front accessories for SBC, fan shroud, and fuel line relocation. Pretty easy straight forward swap. And help is only a Mouse Click away.

Jul 23, 2006
thanks for the help

ok thanks for the help. Anyone got a 350 for sale? The one I had got stolen from my backyard.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the spring rate for the front springs for the 6 and 8 cylinders are different too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor