Status
Not open for further replies.

green79gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2011
Eugene,Ore
Re: 79 grand prix

CGimbel said:
I like the super pickle look. It's a color combo you don't see much of anymore. The car doesn't look all hacked up, which is a plus. I don't want to sound like a d***, but what makes you think it's an SJ? Looking at your photo's tells me it's not. It's missing all of the LJ / SJ ginger bread. I'm not talking bad on you or your car, so don't take me wrong.[/quote
just what i was told when i got it thanks for the clairifcation, it does have the original jadestone green paint and interior, car only had 93k when it was parked 13yrs ago,the 301 was pitched infavor of a 67 400 thanks for the new super pickle name for the car :rofl:

CGimbel

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2008
green79gp... I'm glad you like the name, also cool picture.

Question. What are you doing for engine mounts, since the '67 only has two hole mount location and not the '70 and newer five hole mount location?

Kent... Yes that's your old one. It's still rust free with no new dings. The only time it gets driven is when I pull it out of my garage. Put less 500 street miles in 7-8 years. Maybe I'll do something with it before I literally lose my mind. Still around Philadelphia.

That '79 GP SJ did see the blade of my sawzall (New York car). Don't worry, every good part was sold or is sitting in my garage. Bought the car just for the seats.

CGimbel

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2008
G-Body_Vet said:
CGimbel said:
It's missing all of the LJ / SJ ginger bread.

Maybe I'm just having a blonde moment but do you care to elaborate a little bit? My car is an LJ but everything I've read says viscount interior was an SJ option :?

My car is loaded minus any F41 options. Is there a visual cue to identifying an LJ from an SJ or a base model?

G-Body_Vet...
Something that most don't know is there was no F41 option in '79 on GP's, only F40 option.

green79gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2011
Eugene,Ore
CGimbel said:

Question. What are you doing for engine mounts, since the '67 only has two hole mount location and not the '70 and newer five hole mount location?

green79gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2011
Eugene,Ore
green79gp said:
CGimbel said:

a friend made adapters for the 68 350 that was in the car

green79gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2011
Eugene,Ore
green79gp said:
CGimbel said:

oops edited your response my mistake CGimble please repost

pops79gp

n00b
Jan 13, 2012
Hi I'm new to this forum. I have an original 79 GP with only 101,000 kms, approximately 60,000 miles. I'm in Canada so it has some body repairs which are needed, salt on the roads in winter eats the steel. I am hoping someone can steer me in a good direction for certain parts for it. Things like bumpers, a hood and interior parts. I love the car and it was bought by pops when I was just about ready to go for my license. I am ready to get this two toned baby, black on silver, back on the road for summer cruising. I would appreciate any help and am thrilled to hook up with people with the same love of these great rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor