79' Malibu Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
I love the thread....That 'Bu is looking great!!! MAke sure to put some numbers up after you get the drag shocks...You gonna get Moroso trick springs as well??

hecx78malibu

Greasemonkey
Jun 2, 2011
Los Angeles CA
Awsome build looks like u been really busy... Hope to see more updates? Keep up the good work and keep us posted... Can't wait to see a video of it running.... :D

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
The underdrive actually hasn't affected it at all. It would charge between 13.5-14.0 volts and it didn't affect charging at all. I have a pulley alignment issue which may free up a couple tenths of a volt but I'll have to put the laser tool on there to align the pulleys.

I ended up getting a set of air bags for the rear, drag shocks all the way around, and then I picked up a set of Weld Prostars, 15x3.5 and 15x8 with 4.5bs. Bought a new set of 275/60 MT drag radials for the rear and the fronts have a 205/60. Mounted everything up, had to use a 7/16" spacer to get the rears to clear the frame. I think I may get a set of 1/2" spacers just to be on the safe side, even though the finger's worth of room seems good after driving around on the street and no rub marks.

I think I'm gonna have the car painted this winter, same color, body moldings removed and probably a better set of wheel moldings, and new bumper filler pieces.

That's really it. I was planning on maybe going with a custom ground cam, but I need to run the car down the track now the way it is to make sure I don't run faster than 11.50, this car is too nice to cut it up for a cage.

Thanks for looking everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor