79 monte landau rocker trim clips

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Ok, my brother has a 79 Monte with the wide rocker/side trim. He ordered new clips from various sources online, but none seem to be the same as the original. Has anyone had luck ordering, and using, aftermarket clips? If so, from where?

That being said, does anyone have a stash of good used ones available to sell? I have a collection of all sorts of clips from malibus, regals, Gp's etc, but nothing left over for his Monte. Thanks guys.

Oh, I will try and post some pics of what I am looking for tonight.

Yeah man, a total pain to find the right ones. :x

Yea man been playin the impatient waiting game, lol told me it was gonna be october of last year then january and here it is almost may and still nothing.

there is a guy out of n.ridgeville,oh(west of cleveland) that just sells clips.called justclipps
web-www.justclippsauto.com
phone-440-327-8013
i've gotten clips for the front and rear headliner trim pieces from him.you might have to show him an old clip to match-up.he should have something.

I had this same problem a few years ago with my 79 Monte Landau after a lady backed into it in a parking lot. The trim around the front wheel well was pretty much ruined and then the body shop broke most of the clips when they removed the rocker trim to repair the fender and door. I never could find replacement clips or wheel well trim anywhere, so I just took the rest of it off. In retrospect I think it looks a lot cleaner this way, but it's still too bad because it was pretty much perfect before that happened.

Let me know how they work out for you if/when you order them. This could be informative for others also.

I like the montes with and without that wide trim Depends on the color scheme.

Finally got to add a few pics.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368719574046.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368719574046.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 742
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368719595435.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368719595435.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 690
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368719608788.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368719608788.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 787
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor