8.5" B-Body rear into G-Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
One of these days I am going to tackle this issue. I have an 80s fox 8.8 and a 8.5 in a SS to reference. It won't be the first time I've had to mod a rear to fit. I plan to make relocating brackets to get 8.8 in. Brackets are already made to relocate the uppers. With 31 splines it should be as good as a 12 bolt. The best part of a B body 8.5 is you have to cut of the ends so there is no excuse not use ford bolt in ends.

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I must be blind. I don't see them an their website. They have them for an A-body 12 bolt, but that's it for swap control arms.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
That's all I ever heard of them making arms for... I've never seen anything about B-Body swap arms, otherwise I'm sure people would've been putting them in already.

• Agree

Macguyver

GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
That's all I ever heard of them making arms for... I've never seen anything about B-Body swap arms, otherwise I'm sure people would've been putting them in already.

• Winner

Macguyver

GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
They built a set for me. Have you called them?

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
No... it was for a B-Body? Did they say anything about the geometry? If the arms are as much shorter than the factory arms as I've read, that pinion's going to move around a lot... not something I'd want.

Macguyver

GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor