8.5 in a delta 88?

Status
Not open for further replies.

85 B Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2010
Direct me if this has been posted before, but I was looking at my 84 olds shop manual and it lists the delta 88, 98, and custom cruiser as having optional 8.5" rears. Has anyone tried them in a gbody? Idk if the mounting points are different or how wide they are but it seems like a cheap and easier to find alternate source for an 8.5.

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
Some of the so called full sized cars had 8.5" rear but also had 5" lug pattern. Remember, the full sized cars from '77-'96 were basically just re-skinned A-bodies from the '73-'77 era. The rears, suspension, etc... were interchangeable. So there are plenty of those rears around, but they are not direct bolt in's. They arfe the same width basically as the '68-'72 but are different in attaching points.

85 B Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2010
Yea I noticed it showed some with a 5" bolt circle and some with the 4.75" bolt circle. But if it's not a bolt in then I will just keep looking for a gbody 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor