80 Malibu-Installing Autometer gauges in stock dash cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

loneagle

Apprentice
Jan 20, 2008
Oregon
I'm looking for ideas on replacing my speedometer & stock gauges with Autometer gauges. If you have any links or pics post em here.

100_1477.jpg

I finally got everything figured out. I'll be using the original metal speedo frame with the middle section removed. The piece that holds the gauges is a piece off sheet metal trimed to fit. I will spot weld this piece to the frame, drill 2 mounting holes in the bottom and then cut all the holes for the gauges. I'm planning on adding two more of the 2 inch size. I'll add more info and pics as I go.

100_2501.jpg

100_2505.jpg

100_2504.jpg

100_2503.jpg

100_2501.jpg

Thanks! :) Got a little bit more done today. Plan on using LEDs for the indicator lights and for gauge backlighting. Still haven't got my fuel gauge yet. Here's a couple of pics.
100_2605.jpg

100_2607.jpg

LOOKS GREAT!! Keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming.

Well, I got the fuel gauge installed, LEDs soldered up and then made up a wiring harness with wires color coded. all wires were pinned to a molex connecter. Here's a few pics of the finished job. It was well worth the effort. Still have to mount my tach to the right side of the cluster.

100_2670.jpg

100_2673.jpg

wow that looks amazing. what did you use to cut the metal with?

Looks amazing wish I could do something like this in the regal. If you could get some pigs of the backside it would be awsome and how you connected it all. Keep up the great work man, its paying off.

Thanks! :)

I just used some tin snips and then some hole saws. The metal is a pretty light gauge.

Sure, I'll get some more pics when I take it apart tp mount the tach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor