Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Welcome
Nice wagon good save

Reactions: 1 user

Vern232323

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 5, 2021
I was almost thinking about slapping a turbo on the 3.8 for right now just to mess around until it pops. I do like the idea of the 455 motor setup though. I know the 3.8 will be coming out sooner or later!

Vern232323

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 5, 2021
looking to lower the wagon, which spring setup should I go with. Around 2” and I’ll be happy front and rear I think.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
looking to lower the wagon, which spring setup should I go with. Around 2” and I’ll be happy front and rear I think.

I put in Eibach's in front, they were used for many years in my SS but still look like new, it lowered the front I think 3/4" to 1". The rear I put in used F41 springs from a 2 door g-body, it lowered the rear about 2" and rides nice. The wagon weighs quite a bit more back there above the wheels so if you use drop springs expect them to drop more than the advertised amount, I tried new Eibach's in the rear and it dropped over 3", way too much for my tastes.

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
Great car. Nice find. I am looking for similar as you're vehicle for one of my centuries down the line.

Vern232323

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 5, 2021
Yea man I’m pretty stoked about it. It does have a little rust above the drip rails but that’s to be expected. I got in it yesterday, put the jump box on it and it fired right up. Runs great! Needs a little work on the brakes and I’m going to pressure wash it to see what it really looks like.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Welcome! I think wagons are becoming the majority on here. Nice find. These cars are pretty light and a small block V-8 is all you really need. A Buick 350 would fit easilly and be more power than you need. It is also the lightest cast iron V-8.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor