81 Monte build

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilSpann601

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2008
Jackson Mississippi
What up guys heres the story started off with a 1981 grand prix long story short ended up with a wrecked monte carlo chevy v6 and smoked like a freight train. First thing I did when I got it was removed the front cap. The header panel/both fenders/hood/grill/lights/right door on the end was all f'ed up
22143_1078261932441_1542630_n.jpg

Luckily I stay on craigslist. I found a guy about 25 miles away that had a front cap and a right door. For about 100 dollars. Felt like I caught a hell of a deal. The grand prix i had i left a guy work on it and he tell me someone stole the car i had built a carb turbo v6 and it had a little tap after rebuilt and i asked him to look at it. I could of did something to him but at the time I had a good job and money wasnt a problem. But now its a different story and dont let peope fool with my cars. I know just a much as most of em anyway.

22143_1078262452454_5838788_n.jpg

Few weeks later I had time to get the front cap on and the passenger door. Was able to found a grill on ebay for a fair price. Then I got the lights and turn signals wired up.

monte.jpg

Also got a 305 and 700r4 swapped in over the time. pretty good power compared to the 231 buick v6 and the chevy v6 lol.
mc2.jpg

Few months ago I removed the computer and removed all the unneeded wiring. Heat still works good.
Well I built a sbc 406 but ended up selling it for a little or nothing before I could get heads. I had a thread on engine section called SBC 400 Build. But lately I got myself another sbc 400 block but this one is a 2 bolt the other was 4 bolt. This 2 bolt block is suppose to be notched for a 434 crank. But im not trying to go that route on a stock block. However the block is cleaned up bored .30. I received the eagle crank in the mail the other day it requires 5.7" rods. So now im in the process of choosing rods? I'l have the some good pics of the block soon. Any ideas on the rods. I am wanting to go the cheapest route to get this thing running. How much power do the stock gm 5.7 rods handle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor