82 Cutlass (Cut Dawg) hard shifting, need some help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasindude1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 4, 2016
Let me give you a little backround on this ride, it was my GF HS car its a custom lowrider, she grew out of that phase and it sat in storage in her dad garage for over 20 years, we just got it back about 3 months ago, she has 34k original miles on her, I was impressed with a new battery and some starter fluid she fired right up, so we r fixing the little things here and there as we find them. Anyways, our issue is when it shifts from Park to R or to D it makes a "thud" noise and jerks the car a bit, after that it runs and drives great, a little low on the idle and sometimes stalls out, but not very often. Any ideas on what would be the cause of this? its a 3.8 v6, I was thinking motor mounts, but very little mileage, the transmission run and shifts great while driving you can hardly notice it all, its just the initial into a moving gear, also after we adjusted the idle a bit it seemed to get worse and louder. Please any help would be great, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor