83 bu' wagon aka project "Green Machine"SOLD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Re: 83 bu' wagon aka project "Family Affair"

No gas?? I would have thought that would be the first thing you'd check... :lol: That's cool. At least it was something simple..
The car looks pretty solid under there. That's the beauty of Arizona/ New Mexico cars. :wink:

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

Longroof79 said:
No gas?? I would have thought that would be the first thing you'd check... :lol: That's cool. At least it was something simple..
The car looks pretty solid under there. Did you get it running yet?
well the gas guage dont work and the aftermarket guagethey put on it was reading 1/4 of a tank and the guy said it has gas LOL i guess he was wrong.. no i didnt i have to get the new sending unit. but i have no way to the parts store ....

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

kuruption109 said:
Longroof79 said:
well the gas guage dont work and the aftermarket guagethey put on it was reading 1/4 of a tank and the guy said it has gas LOL i guess he was wrong.. no i didnt i have to get the new sending unit. but i have no way to the parts store ....
========================================================================================================
I guess it goes to show you, you can't always take somebody's word... :lol: Those gas gauges were never that accurate. Mine was fluky ever since I first got the car. It's good to hear that you won't be needing the sending unit after all.
Man, that tank looks almost new.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

Longroof79 said:
kuruption109 said:
Longroof79 said:
========================================================================================================
I guess it goes to show you, you can't always take somebody's word... :lol: Those gas gauges were never that accurate. Mine was fluky ever since I first got the car. It's good to hear that you won't be needing the sending unit after all.
Man, that tank looks almost new.
yea its pretty clean.. im gonna spray it with carb cleaner then paint it black let it sit.. yea i dont need a sending unit but im gonna buy a new one since i already went thru the hassle of takin it off ! lol

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

new trans gasket and filter

522_0723.jpg

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

cleanin her up a bit armoralld the dash and all the plastic panels and sprayed the core support black..still need to clean the carpet and replace those ugly seats
522_0724.jpg

522_0725.jpg

Lowproelco

Greasemonkey
Jul 19, 2011
So Cal

hey kurupt i got a black dash insert from a monte carlo and also gauge bezel in great condition.. if ya want them there yours...
l.jpg

the gauge bezel in the pic is red but i painted it grey but you can paint it any color you want.. i just dont have the radio bezel///

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

Lowproelco said:
hey kurupt i got a black dash insert from a monte carlo and also gauge bezel in great condition.. if ya want them there yours...
l.jpg

the gauge bezel in the pic is red but i painted it grey but you can paint it any color you want.. i just dont have the radio bezel///
thanks for the offer but imma keep whats in there not gonna change n e thing except front seat..

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009

That interior is exactly the same as my 83 monte CL. Haven't been able to find the color code for it though. Wagon looks good for the price. Rear frame rails are way nicer than the swiss cheese ones on my monte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor