83 El Camino Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for sharing the info regarding the shifter and console. It looks really nice in there.
How was it as far as adapting the seats to the G-body tracks? I'm assuming you used the G-body seat tracks.

The park switch that you added to the shifter. What was that originally from?

Mx372

Apprentice
Jul 30, 2012
Longroof79 said:
Thanks for sharing the info regarding the shifter and console. It looks really nice in there.
How was it as far as adapting the seats to the G-body tracks? I'm assuming you used the G-body seat tracks.

The park switch that you added to the shifter. What was that originally from?

the sats were pretty simple. it only took me 4 hours and cost me $81 (60 bucks for the pair of seats and 6 bucks for the flat stock 15 for the shifter and console) to do this i took the original brackets and took them apart. used the base of the original bracket and drilled holes in it the bolted flat stock to that and then after i ground all the extra stuff on the new seat sliders i bolted it right onto the flat stock. you have to do some trimming hear and there to the original bracket due to the old brackets are arched the new ones are not. but the front of the new rail bolts flat the back i used the spacers from the old seats. works like new!

As the switch goes i think its out of a semi. i just had it laying around. looks like a clutch micro switch. any switch that is like that will work as long as its an NORMALLY OPEN. which means when the button isn't pressed the circuit is cut. I'm currently working on another switch for reverse lights but haven't tried it out yet.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mx372 said:
As the switch goes i think its out of a semi. i just had it laying around. looks like a clutch micro switch. any switch that is like that will work as long as its an NORMALLY OPEN. which means when the button isn't pressed the circuit is cut. I'm currently working on another switch for reverse lights but haven't tried it out yet.

Thanks again for the info. As for the neutral safety switch and backup light switch, my current Hurst shifter uses micro-switches for both of those functions. I plan on going back to a stock type shifter, and will also consider using micro-switches .
huu-2480021_w_m.jpg

Mx372

Apprentice
Jul 30, 2012
Longroof79 said:
Mx372 said:

Thanks again for the info. As for the neutral safety switch and backup light switch, my current Hurst shifter uses micro-switches for both of those functions. I plan on going back to a stock type shifter, and will also consider using micro-switches .
huu-2480021_w_m.jpg

yea i know the aftermarket shifters use them. i was gonna retro fit on out of an b and m shifter but went the cheaper way. i prolly wont worry bout the back up lights for now. im unsure if i wanna keep this center console or get an entire dash and center console out of an 88 Camaro so i can use the shifter i really wanna use. the b and m quick silver. its a rachet shifter for the 1,2,3 gears

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor