Classic Film Bow GIF by Warner Archive

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
All this talk of reverse light painting (another thread) and H/O paint codes got me thinking more about the impending paint job I'll be trying to tackle.

How much paint is needed to do the whole exterior? I'll be doing the 83 H/O style paint job on an 87 442. Having never done it before, I find it hard to calculate.

Any tips on coverage and number of clear coats would help too. I'm sure there'll be more stupid questions as I get closer to doing it, but I want to budget out paint prices.

I plan to use Deltron 2000 DBC which is a 1:1 as I read (unless there's a better suggestion).

Does 1:1 mean just that? 1 gal of base and 1 gal of reducer to make 2 gal of sprayable product?

Thanks in advance,

Hutch

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
All this talk of reverse light painting (another thread) and H/O paint codes got me thinking more about the impending paint job I'll be trying to tackle.

How much paint is needed to do the whole exterior? I'll be doing the 83 H/O style paint job on an 87 442. Having never done it before, I find it hard to calculate.

Any tips on coverage and number of clear coats would help too. I'm sure there'll be more stupid questions as I get closer to doing it, but I want to budget out paint prices.

I plan to use Deltron 2000 DBC which is a 1:1 as I read (unless there's a better suggestion).

Does 1:1 mean just that? 1 gal of base and 1 gal of reducer to make 2 gal of sprayable product?

Thanks in advance,

Hutch
DBC is 1:1 which will yield you 2 sprayable gallons of color. Watch what reducer you get so it will work with the temps & humidity (slow to fast.) Too much humidity is a bad thing. Overall having atleast 1.5 gallons of color is good to have on hand to yield 3 gallons.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor