84 Cutlass antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

85 B Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2010
My 84 originally had a power antenna but the previous owner mangled it. I want to put a stationary one in but can't find many cutlass's around my area with any left. Will any other g body antenna work? The one on my 85 regal looks like the same mount but the one I grabbed from an el camino is much different. Any pics would be awesome cuz neither my factory shop manual, body manual, or parts manual show anything about it.

85 B Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2010
Anybody???

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I'm not sure. Since the Regal and Cutlass share the same doors, I wouldn't be surprised if they basically shared the same fenders. I think they do. But that's the closest match. You might be able to use the antenna itself from a Chevy or Pontiac but you probably won't be able to use the bezel for it.

Jim H.

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
I recently just removed my power antenna and bought one from the dealership for a 99 gmc sonoma purchased everything for 30 dollars and purchased a small antenna from Advance Auto only 13 inches high. Only thing I had to do was file the grommet to the angle I wanted at the top works great and looks factory.

Huroncountycutty

Apprentice
Feb 3, 2013
Does anyone have any idea how to remove the "in windscreen" antenna? I have it in my 82 parts car but the wire for it is also in my 85, where it comes out under the center of the windshield, the nob its suppose to hook onto is not there,but it has a regular mast antenna, So were some of these cars wired for it but not equipped with the actual windscreen antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor