'84 Cutlass JY5.3, Custom Tick Cam, S400SX4-75, 4L80e, 3.73s

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanditDave

Apprentice
Sep 1, 2013
Re: '84 Cutlass JY5.3, Custom Tick Cam, S400SX4-75, 4L80e, 3

This is a just a quickie update. I have a bit of a stomach deal so I wasn't able to do much this weekend aside from the normal chores I needed to accomplish. However, managed to get the Victor, Jr intake on and mocked up the lower profile elbow with the truck 90mm cable actuated throttle body. I also repainted my 15x7 Super Stock II wheels I got from a late 70's Olds. I am going to clean up some trim rings off the original 14" wheels that go in the five holes per wheel and they should look pretty stealth...especially with beauty rings I will also install. I will have more pics this week as I get a few more things accomplished. Sorry for the delay, just felt like crap today.

Enjoy! Thanks!

BanditDave

Apprentice
Sep 1, 2013

Small update for you. Big changes lately have slowed progress on the car...good thing it was a great reason! Meet my bestest little man and future car guy, my son, John Michael Turowski!

null_zps7d031caf.jpg

null_zps9eef3b69.jpg

null_zps717ebe64.jpg

I couldn't be happier!!! Mom and baby are doing well.

As far as the car...

Cleaned up and installed bezels on the wheels and installed one wheel to check the sleeper vibe. I'm definitely digging it!

null_zps3d2d39ad.jpg

null_zps5de6d410.jpg

I also installed the Fuel Injector Clinic injectors...super high quality, all glow matched and data provided. Edelbrock rails were also installed. Pretty happy how everything is turning out. It's slow but steady and I'm happy with the quality.

null_zps442a5eff.jpg

null_zps800c2cd1.jpg

null_zps945ec884.jpg

null_zpsa603dead.jpg

null_zps908e023f.jpg

You can see the truck throttle body in these pics. I will be replacing the sensors and cleaning up the throttle body, probably throwing on some paint most likely.

More updates soon!

BanditDave

Apprentice
Sep 1, 2013

Big update for today with more to come tomorrow. Basically Christmas for me over the last few weeks and should be getting a few more big ticket items today.

Since I am going for the "serious sleeper" look, I have been obsessing about getting all the right appearance items for the Olds Superstock III wheels and have painted them in body color with deep dish trim rings. They got 255/60-15 MT ET Street Radials and I am extremely happy with how they turned out. Really set's off the "grandma's cruiser" motif I am shooting for.

Also picked up the Transgo HD2 shift kit for the '80e and should should be installing it this weekend/next week (took off from work to be with my family and enjoy some of the toys). Looks pretty straight forward to install and plan on documenting with videos and pics how to install it for those interested.

I should have a pic of the RevMax 3400 Stall billet converter I also purchased last week today or tomorrow. For now you'll have to enjoy a stock photo...haha.

$T2eC16h,!)UE9s3wEgQ9BRZYSKYF-Q~~60_57.JPG

Also picked up a new 200 amp alternator which should easily handle all the electrical goodies I have for this deal.

I have had a FuelLab Prodigy pump for the longest time that I wanted to use for this build and recently found out about their FPR with the integral voltage controller for Prodigy pumps...controls the speed wrt pump demand...ugh, yea...I'll take one of those.

And on to the more gooder shtuff - turbo goodies!!!

Turbonetics 50mm BOV

2 Precision 39mm Gates

I also have some various 2.25" Vband flanges and a huge box of 2.25" tubing to redo my hotside piping. I want to position this car with the best possible set-up so I figured I would give this a try.

Hopefully tonight I will add Converter and Tubing pics and this weekend start the Transgo install tutorial.

Thanks in advance!!!
Dave

BanditDave

Apprentice
Sep 1, 2013

Here's the converter and huge piping box as promised.

3400 stall RevMax

And the tubing...

BanditDave

Apprentice
Sep 1, 2013

As a matter of fact.....yes, yes I do have quite a bit to update! A lot going on over the last few months even though the little guy (4 month old now) is taking up most of my time and I'm loving it!

Finally have an update...progress has been slow because most of the time is dedicated to family and working but did get the TransGo HD2 shift kit installed. Picking up a fresh filter and gasket tomorrow and buttoning her up. Will drop the Rev Max converter on and bolt it up to the 5.3L. More to come soon!

BanditDave

Apprentice
Sep 1, 2013

Here's the next update...

transmission is DONE! Fingers crossed...a couple pics of the PRV as well.

BanditDave

Apprentice
Sep 1, 2013

Here's another....

--------

Update time! With the little guy and a lot of time at work, time to work on the car is slow but finally making some real progress!

Engine and trans are in! Installed them yesterday and will start work on modifying the trans crossmember that was in there - very early production G-Force Performance. Should be able to make something work on the cheap with my scrap metal supplies in my garage.

Had a bit of trouble getting the converter installed on the '80e and came to find out that is nothing new, especially with the billet aftermarkets. Had a gap I could not get rid of thinking the converter would not install all the way, but a few light taps with the rubber mallet and all was right with the world again. Only b*tch is that I have an ATI SFI flexplate from the glide set-up I was going to do...turns out only 3 of the 6 converter bolts line up but that really doesn't bother me because 1400 horse motors that I am intimately aware of are only using 3 on a smaller bolt circle.

Anyways, cleaning out the garage some more today to get ready for the friggin snow tonight and tomorrow and will start working on the turbo kit and crossmember.

Enjoy!
Dave

Converter filled with Hygard Low Vis

Flexplate and spacer used

Engine and transmission mated

Droppin' it home...

Me looking like a moron...lol

Installed

One more update I think....hahaha I was really dragging behind here!

BanditDave

Apprentice
Sep 1, 2013

And here's last night's update!

---

Well, we barely got any snow in my area so I feel like a horse's *ss for buying the snowblower but you better believe I used it for the entire two inches of snow we got...haha.

As far as the Cutlass, continued work on the hotside and am pretty satisfied with the progress thus far. Started on the T6 flange interfacial pieces and worked towards the drivers side. I will probably be able to finish the crossover from the driver's side by tomorrow. The passenger side is going to take more work since I have to be more careful to leave enough space for the WG flange.

Enjoy!!!

And finally I will be adding one of these to each side of the system.

Thanks guys! More to come tomorrow!!
Dave

BanditDave

Apprentice
Sep 1, 2013

Here's my latest acquisition...'70 C10 long bed that I got from a friend of mine. It was his first car. Formerly a 3 on the tree truck, he converted it to a th350 transmission and dropped a warmed up 350 in. Been sitting now for 5 plus years so he have it to me since they are heavily into NHRA comp racing and has zero time for it. Once I get the cutlass running and work out the kinks in my Dads '68 GTO then I'll get down to business on the c10.

Short list:

454 LSX paddled shifted 4l80e
Upgraded suspension and brakes
Rushforth Rated X in 20s and 22s
As much meat as I can stuff under her
Two tone brazen orange metallic/ Toyota super white paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor