'84 Cutlass JY5.3, Custom Tick Cam, S400SX4-75, 4L80e, 3.73s

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanditDave

Apprentice
Sep 1, 2013
Re: '84 Cutlass JY5.3, Custom Tick Cam, S400SX4-75, 4L80e, 3

Got more done on the Turbo set-up today. Worked the crossover and welded in the tubing to the T6 flange (looks like sh*t right now because I haven't ground internally yet). Got the flex tubing installed and a vband flange. Should have the crossover finished tomorrow.

That's all for tonight...more to come tomorrow!!!

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks

Looks good!!! Can't wait to see this thing finished.

DeltaT

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2010

This is going to be a blast!

Jim

BanditDave

Apprentice
Sep 1, 2013

Here's where I landed for this evening...decent progress for 45 minutes of work (my little boy is sick so it is taking up more time than usual to keep him smiling). Going to need to get more gas and wire this weekend. Might have crossover done by the weekend!

Will update more in a few days!!!
Dave

BanditDave

Apprentice
Sep 1, 2013

Quick update, finished the drivers side to turbo crossover and will work the passenger side tomorrow.

More pics tomorrow!

And for the hell of it...my dinner from last night...friggin delicious!!! Lol

BanditDave

Apprentice
Sep 1, 2013

Sorry for the lack of updates! Actually i do have a bunch of updates but I am holding off until later today hopefully. :itchy:

But to hold you over...got more parts in...need to do a little tweaking but 24" rad and 16" fan will work nicely. Unfortunately, I had to move the turbo over a bit because the S400SX4 is so darn heavy that my turbo mount sags just a bit when it is mounted. So I am in the process of doing a little shifting and rewelding...no biggy but pissed at myself I didn't take that into account.

Will have more updates later today!

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks

Are you going to be bracing it to the frame? A lot of the turbo builds I've seen that use those big Borg warners brace then to the frame to prevent the hot side from cracking. I've seen people brace even with the flex pipe.

BanditDave

Apprentice
Sep 1, 2013

It's actually mounted right to the frame! I just haven't had time to upload the pictures (6 mo old was sick and now torrential rains so I got water in the basement...never ends)

I promise I'll add some more pics this week... Been really good progress I swear!!! Haha

Here's a small update..I was able to gain clearance on the turbo...

Went to a less restrictive elbow...going to use cowl hood for now...

A reminder of what she looked like...haha

Also, witing harness and PCM acquired...let the nightmare of wiring begin!!!!

Finally, some pics of my little man in my buddy's '78 Camaro...

Much more to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor