84 Cutlass Supreme Rear End

Status
Not open for further replies.

442Jayp

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2010
so im back working on my car..its been about a month..had to give it a break for a min before i went crazy..yesterday i saw a post about the rear end's and i found out i have a 7.5 rear..ok no problem with that..im just wondering does anyone kno what gears the 1984 Cutlass Supreme with the 307 have in the rear stock..i was looking for my rpo codes on the driver door and they have been painted over and i dont kno enough about rear ends to take it apart..Help me pls

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
in my cutlass i had a build sheet in my passenger side door panel and under my rear seats so you should be able to find your rpo code on one of those and thenhope the rear end in your car is factory stock. im not sure if you can ID the gear ratios from the outside of the differential, not sure if there is any markings or stamps, i have never looked.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Copied this from my response to your other post...

The door-jamb stickers do not list any of that information anyways...

It will be listed on the RPO label on the under-side of your trunk-lid.

RPO labels first appeared in 1984, so anything older will not have one.
Double check to make sure that the VIN on the label matches the VIN on your car, as it could have been replaced over time.

If your trunk lid has been replaced, or the label damaged, you can find the stamping on the passenger side axle tube, though the code will be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor