84 Grand National lq4 turbo swap

Rodknok

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2022
Been a minute since I last posted updates. Installed a BMR struck bar and some competition engineering rear drag shocks. Installed a McLeod twin disc clutch, bumped the boost up as well. Was able to get the GN out for LS fest west and strap her on the Dyno. Definitely made more that I was looking for at the tires. Still have a stock body t56 and original 8.5 with upgraded axles in it.
IMG_20240415_175911176_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240427_123945523_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240428_180754854.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

Gearheadwilly

Apprentice
Apr 27, 2024
What an awesome build series on an absolutely iconic ride. I personally love the sleeper vibe and that you went the extra mile to keep it boosted as the mothership originally designed it. All that hard work really paid off because you now have something 100% unique and so freaking cool! We'll done man. I have an lq9 on one of my engine stands right now I plan on putting in my currently old school sbc powered s10 blazer and seeing stuff like this gives me inspiration to make that swap a reality.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Rodknok

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2022
What an awesome build series on an absolutely iconic ride. I personally love the sleeper vibe and that you went the extra mile to keep it boosted as the mothership originally designed it. All that hard work really paid off because you now have something 100% unique and so freaking cool! We'll done man. I have an lq9 on one of my engine stands right now I plan on putting in my currently old school sbc powered s10 blazer and seeing stuff like this gives me inspiration to make that swap a reality.
Very kind words, and it's a slow grind but will pay off in the end.

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I personally would love to see some of that Blazer, hopefully give me the nudge to get back into mine if I can ever get the Monte to agree

Gearheadwilly

Apprentice
Apr 27, 2024
I'll see if I can find some time to blow the dust off that ol thing and hang the doghouse on it for a couple pics. It's nothing extraordinary, 383 with a glide and the factory 10 bolt with Monte SS guts actually so it's 3.73 lsd. Last time I worked on it was when I tacked in new front floors, rockers and quarters. That was about 2 and a half years ago. My daughter (11) got a cancer diagnosis (she won that battle) at that time and all my projects obviously ground to an immediate halt. Just started getting back in "project mode" about 6 months ago but my fleet of misfit toys is overwhelming me. I gotta be careful not to pollute the G-body site with too much "DIME" content. Haha only joking. I could go on for days about my S-10's.

Reactions: 4 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I'll see if I can find some time to blow the dust off that ol thing and hang the doghouse on it for a couple pics. It's nothing extraordinary, 383 with a glide and the factory 10 bolt with Monte SS guts actually so it's 3.73 lsd. Last time I worked on it was when I tacked in new front floors, rockers and quarters. That was about 2 and a half years ago. My daughter (11) got a cancer diagnosis (she won that battle) at that time and all my projects obviously ground to an immediate halt. Just started getting back in "project mode" about 6 months ago but my fleet of misfit toys is overwhelming me. I gotta be careful not to pollute the G-body site with too much "DIME" content. Haha only joking. I could go on for days about my S-10's.
Glad to hear that all worked out and you are starting to get your time back

Gearheadwilly

Apprentice
Apr 27, 2024
Thanks man, she's happy, healthy and back to being a great helper in the garage. Thanks to a great hospital with amazing staff, unbelievable amount of positive thoughts and prayers and her turning out to be the strongest person I know. If she can do that I reckon I can get a couple projects done.

Rodknok

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2022
Picked up a new radiator cover and a close out panel set from Goose performance.
IMG_20240413_185015459_HDR.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor