442 84 Hurst mixture control solenoid wont energize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highredline

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 18, 2021
When I turn the ignition key to "on" before turning to start, my fuel mixture control solenoid doesnt click and doesnt want to start. my 88 Monte does click. If I remove the Olds carb and connect it to the Monte's MCS plug, it clicks. I have replaced the Hurst brain box ECM with another ECM and it still doesnt click on the Hurst engine. Can anybody tell me if their MCS clicks when ignition turns to ON position. My Hurst has not ran in at least 4 years and I cant remember if it is supposed to click.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
And if that's the same gas in the tank from 6 years ago, drain that tank and put fresh gas in there.

Check this older post out for CSM adjustment procedure for the TV Cable on the 200-4R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor