84 Hurst Olds issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim H.

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
Here are some problems I am having between 70 and 80 mph I get a bad vibration that makes the whole car shake I'm thinkin its the torque converter because the wheels have been balanced and rebalanced and the front end has been looked over twice by the guy who sets up the coughlins drag cars in columbus. As you accelerate the vibration goes away then comes right back didn't know if any of you have experienced the same problem. Also I had my ac working then it just quit and I only have high speed on the fan control and it doesn't push out the air like I think it should but maybe because its just old let me know what you guys think and the fuses are all good.

Flat Broke

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2012
Slidell, Louisiana
The A/C sounds like the resistor for the blower motor. As for the vibration not sure but sounds like you checked the obvious such as wheel and tire balance, u-joints etc. Maybe flex-plate is cracked, good luck with your car.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
sounds like it could be your driveshaft is out of balance or perhaps a U joint issue

Jim H.

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
Alright going to remove the drive-shaft tomorrow and go get it checked out this problem is driving me crazy and it seems that my rpm gauge is acting funny too, going to also see if I can adjust my timing I seem to be idling at 1300 to 1500 rpm's not all the time just sparatically then sometimes it idles at 1100 I think it should be around 8 to 900 rpm's.

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
just throwing some thing out there,it happened to my 2004 Buick as well the vibration was from 65-70. on my car it turned out to be front wheel bearing.replaced it everything is good now.

Jim H.

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
Looking in my books now to find out where the resistor is located does it seem that your fan blower doesn't blow out as hard as the new cars or should I just get a new blower motor, this darn car is driving me up the wall :blam:

Jim H.

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
How did you check the wheel bearing if I jack the car up will I have slop in the tire or will I just have to remove everything and check the bearings or better yet just go get new ones.

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
i ended up jacking up the car. i did have a little play.not a lot.i mean hardly any but replaced them any way and the prob was gone. is the vibration in the front?

Jim H.

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
yes problem is in front I will just go and replace both sides hopefully its the bearings and didn't mar the spindles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor