84 Monte Carlo Engine Swap...or Camshaft Replacement ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Oh I am. I have no sympathy for this level of stupidity. I lose brain cells every time I read through an update of the Tynan saga.
I try to remember that theres ALWAYS someone that knows more than me. Someone that has more money. A nicer car, a faster car.. That list goes on and on. None of us were born with a wrench in our hands as we came out of the womb. A friend of mine used to help me out on my projects. He could do just about anything mechanical on just about everything that has an engine. Right down to paint. Very talented. He moved south a few years ago. All the years of having Jeeps and project cars taught me a lot. Him helping me taught me a lot more. But in the end theres still stuff I know and admit I cant do. I'd never be able to build a motor. Im decent with a spray gun but I'd never be able to spray a whole car. Wouldnt even attempt it. Im well aware of my limitations. And theres many.
Im sure if Tynan had someone to work with him and show him how to do things correctly he'd be in a totally different situation. Just sayin.

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Im sure if Tynan had someone to work with him and show him how to do things correctly he'd be in a totally different situation. Just sayin

Well supposedly he has his great grandpappy-whatever who is/was a mechanic that he could've learned from so I'm gonna say that myth is busted.

You've seen how well he takes advice here. I can't see how he'd be any better in person. Besides the fact that he completely refuses to accept responsibility for anything thus far despite the fact that he's the only one working on this pile. Not to mention his stellar work ethic. I don't know why you guys continue to make excuses for him.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Oh I am. I have no sympathy for this level of stupidity. I lose brain cells every time I read through an update of the Tynan saga.
tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Im sure if Tynan had someone to work with him and show him how to do things correctly he'd be in a totally different situation. Just sayin.
He has mentioned his grandfather with 40+ years of being a "mechanic".

In the end of the day tho it comes down to how much he would listen and absorb. Lots of knowledge here that was delivered politely and then told we don't know what we are talking about because some guy on the other forums can clean his engine out with a garden hose. If he knows better well have at it.

One would think all of us with running and driving cars instead of broken shitpiles would speak for itself.

End of the day it's not my problem and I'm here for the conversation now. The guy has come in with a chip on his shoulder to prove us wrong. Let's see it.

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
mikester, that was solid fatherly advice. I was honestly trying to do the same (at first). Some people respond better to Ward Cleaver than Red Foreman. Either way, needed to be said.

Reactions: 4 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
mikester, that was solid fatherly advice. I was honestly trying to do the same (at first). Some people respond better to Ward Cleaver than Red Foreman. Either way, needed to be said.
I loved both of those guys. Both are great but the nod for me goes to Red.... Called the situation for what it was.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
Wow, I can’t believe I just read all 12 pages of this. Not sure whether to laugh or cry….

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor