'84 Monte Carlo, might buy **pics inside**

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudvolvo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 5, 2009
well i went to look at a car for sale in town that im interested in. My plan for it is to drop in a 355sbc and TH350 out of my '80 camaro. To my understanding the sway should be pretty straight forward. The monte carlo has either a 305 or 350, i couldn't tell. the guy is only asking 1500 for it, i could probably steal it for 1K. heres some pics, do yall think this is a fair deal?

DSCF1078.jpg

DSCF1084.jpg

DSCF1077.jpg

DSCF1081.jpg

^^this kinda caught my attention, it looks as if the mount is leaning towards the rear. should i be concerned about this?

DSCF1083.jpg

...i know the rearends in these cars need to be beefed up if you plan on drag racing it at all, which i do. The motor thats going in it will have around 350-400 bhp. I plan on puttin M/T et streets on it. I know the GM 12 bolt is an option but id rather just do something to the internals of it since im gonna open it up to replace the gasket anyway.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I'm not a huge fan of the color, but the price doesn't sound bad at all.
Don't worry about that body mount, they sag in weird ways with age. If it bothers you, replace them all with a new set, only like $120 or so.
Just check thouroughly for rust.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
whats with the braided wire coming of the alt.?

87LS/88SS

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2008
I'm not sure where you are located (looks to be norther U.S.), but in the midwest (KS or OK) a run of the mill Monte with no rust will go for about $1,500. If you really want it I would try to get it for under $1,000. Unless you can paint and do body work it will cost you a arm and a leg.

loudvolvo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 5, 2009
i know alota people have done the 12 bolt rearend swap on these. What are my other options to beef it up. Ive got a 12 bolt in my camaro but non of the brackets for the trailing arms are on it and i thinks it's longer than the 10 bolt anyway. Is there somehting i can do to the internals of this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor