84 regal speedometer not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

84regal17

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 27, 2009
ok so i took my speedometer apart and unpluged the speed cable and drove it and it was not spinning And i also checked the transmission side and it was put in right so my question is whats the easiest way to pull the cable out

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
it's a longshot, but check your gear in the transmission also....they are made of plastic, and if the needle is jumping, one of the teth may be broken off...

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Maybe not. The older ones had a different head where it goes onto the speedo. The transmission end is the same, though. Cables are cheap- check Rock Auto.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
84regal17 said:
so i got a speed cable from a box chevy with anolog guages will it fit

do you have the digital gauges? if you do, an analog cable might not work. I'm not sure, but I think the digital cluster uses an electrical sensor on the trans, but I may be wrong....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor