85 Cutlass in SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

350_85cutty

Master Mechanic
Sep 2, 2007
West, TX
staggered fit rims would've been sick! well for sitting out that long, the paint still looks glossy...it cleaned up real nicely...most these cars need new weatherstripping all around anyways, and you can get a brand new set just about everywhere...funny, you know the one thing i notice on all the cutlass's that came with the chrome rocker trim, they are all missing that passengers side front fender piece like your missing, it never fails. My car had all the pieces, but i took the passenger side piece off cuz i noticed it was coming off. well i had my dad put it on. lil did i know he was planning on drilling 2 holes on either side and riveting it on instead of using the plastic clips....talk about how mad i was!!!! but i just found a NOS piece off ebay and bought it so now i have all the pieces :D

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
350_85cutty said:
staggered fit rims would've been sick! well for sitting out that long, the paint still looks glossy...it cleaned up real nicely...most these cars need new weatherstripping all around anyways, and you can get a brand new set just about everywhere...funny, you know the one thing i notice on all the cutlass's that came with the chrome rocker trim, they are all missing that passengers side front fender piece like your missing, it never fails. My car had all the pieces, but i took the passenger side piece off cuz i noticed it was coming off. well i had my dad put it on. lil did i know he was planning on drilling 2 holes on either side and riveting it on instead of using the plastic clips....talk about how mad i was!!!! but i just found a NOS piece off ebay and bought it so now i have all the pieces :D

Yeah, I wish I would've got the stagger fit, but I can get the look from suspension modifications when I drop it, so I didn't see the need in paying extra for the 18s...

Hahaha! My pops likes to do stuff like that to me too! I learned to ask him how he plans on completing a modification on my car before he does it...

I plan on taking it to the paint shop this week. I'm going to get it painted pearl white. I told the painter that I want all the chrome paneling removed. I've noticed that missing chrome on a lot of Cutlasses too. Another thing I've noticed is that those panels hold water. They held enough water to completely rust out the doors on my Cutlass. If I have the windows down I can see the ground through my doors...I've already bought replacement doors...

I'm also going to remove that rubber side bumper that runs along the middle of the car. I've learned that when the plastic sheds, it's impossible to keep that thing clean...

I am keeping the wheel and door flares, though...

350_85cutty

Master Mechanic
Sep 2, 2007
West, TX
how good is the condition of the chrome? i'd be interested in it if your going to take it off....how much you want for it?

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
350_85cutty said:
how good is the condition of the chrome? i'd be interested in it if your going to take it off....how much you want for it?

If you pay for shipping and handling, I'll send them to you for free...

I don't want them...

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
I mean, they're as decent as they can be on a car built 24 years ago...

I've wondered if there is any kind of way you could restore them to factory shine, like a liquid application. I tried chrome cleaner out of curiosity, but that's as far as I was interested in looking...

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009

Attachments

• 5L65Y05E53Gb3K63H7c546342a6a760031f81.jpg
    5L65Y05E53Gb3K63H7c546342a6a760031f81.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 146
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor