85 Cutlass in SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
Hello all...

I'm the proud owner of a 1985 Olds Cutlass Supreme. I've owned the vehicle for about 10 years. I bought it in Oklahoma while I was stationed at Tinker AFB and drove it home.

I moved back home and the car started giving me trouble after 6 months or so, so I parked it. I bought a 98 Caprice Classic, drove that around for a while, traded it in on an Impala SS, then it gave me problems so I got rid of that one too. Finally, I decided to fix the Cutlass up. I never got rid of it because I always loved the body style and it had t-tops...

My uncle is an engine mechanic and another one of my uncles has a junkyard (you have no idea how useful it was), so I pulled a 350 block had it bored and machined. We took out the 307 replaced it with the 355 (with several additional upgrades) and fast forward to today...

I've been on and off these forums scavenging for useful information, so finally it struck me to join. Nice community you guys have going here I'm glad I can be a part of it...

DelOhio

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2009
Delaware, Ohio
:worthless:
Would love to see some pics. Welcome to the site

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
:shock:

Sorry about not providing pics... :lol:

But I'll get around to it soon! I've actually be working on the car...

The interior has be torn up with the work I've been doing, so it's nothing to rave about at all, but the exterior is pretty solid...

I'll be sure to get those pics...

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
Thanks for the welcome...

This site has been pretty useful in my information gathering...

I have no doubt I'll continue to benefit from its presence...

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
I finally got a picture of my vehicle...

Check it out...

85Cutlass.jpg

350_85cutty

Master Mechanic
Sep 2, 2007
West, TX
WOW! that is one nice cutlass...the wheels look good on it too, what are they, 18's? the body does look super clean and I always wanted a t-top car. looks like your doin it right, you plan on keeping it pretty much stock looking besides the wheels? i say it's a winner how it is right now....welcome to the forum

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
350_85cutty said:
WOW! that is one nice cutlass...the wheels look good on it too, what are they, 18's? the body does look super clean and I always wanted a t-top car. looks like your doin it right, you plan on keeping it pretty much stock looking besides the wheels? i say it's a winner how it is right now....welcome to the forum

The wheels are 20s...

I wanted to go with a stagger fit, but only one place had 18s because they were out of production and they wanted more money than what I paid for the 20s, so I just got four 20s...

The t-tops are the only reason I kept this car. I had it sitting in my father's yard for 6 years because it was having ignition issues. If you think it's clean now, you should have seen it when I bought it in 1999. I kick myself for leaving it out in the elements for all that time, but luckily the only damage it suffered is dry rot on the t-top weather-stripping and a dent on the front driver side quarter panel where my dad hit it with a riding lawnmower... :roll:

It's not stock anymore. I pulled the 307 and replaced it with a SBC. I looked for an Olds 350, but I couldn't find one readily available and I had an engine mechanic waiting for my job. I was disappointed I didn't get an Olds block, but I'm happy with the SBC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor