85 monte ls Bumper covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

85montef

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2011
What is the best way to fix cracks in the front and rear bumper covers? I wasn't sure if fiberglass will work or not.

montecarlo-ts

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2010
plastic welding if they are made of it. harbor freight sells a plastic welder for cheap. you just have to clean up the area and v it out for the plastic weld to sit in, then finish sand it.

85montef

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2011
Thanks i didn't even think of that i have heard good things about plastic welders i'm gonna give it a try.

85montef

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2011
i have a 85 monte ls and i cut the two raised peices out of the front cover were a plate would go i was wanting to level it out.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
85montef said:
What is the best way to fix cracks in the front and rear bumper covers? I wasn't sure if fiberglass will work or not.
Easiest way is to buy new covers............ But that could cost you some $$$$$ 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor