85 Monte SS ??Lowering and wheels??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashnic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 19, 2014
crotchss said:
I personally run 285/40ZR17's in the rear and 245/45ZR17's in the front. Lowering mine 3" in the front and 2" in the rear as soon as it warms up a little.

What size rim and offset are you running?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
BTW, the wheels aren't AR Torque Thrusts, but AR 200S's.. or daisy/coke bottle spokes.

ashnic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 19, 2014
Longroof79 said:
BTW, the wheels aren't AR Torque Thrusts, but AR 200S's.. or daisy/coke bottle spokes.
Thanks for letting me know..I couldnt think what they are called for the life of me..

crotchss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2010
Kearney, Nebraska
Rears are 17x9.5 and I think 4.75" or 5" bs. Fronts are 17x8 and 4.5" bs. I'll check tomorrow to make sure on the backspace.

crotchss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2010
Kearney, Nebraska
Yep, just checked the back space out, 5" on the rear and 4.5" on the front. Hope this helps out.

ashnic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 19, 2014
Thanks for the info crotchss..I thought anything over 4.5" back space would rub in the back? Did you modify anything to get them to fit?

ashnic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 19, 2014
Dropping the car off Saturday to have some door dings, scratches fixed and have car repainted. Going to be gone for about 3-4 weeks I figure..I am wanting to purchase all of my drop parts while it's gone. It seems there is a 1000 different ways to get these things on the ground but I want something very dependable...the wife will be driving it occasionally and I am sure we all know what happens if there is a issue :evil: ..Anyhow I have decided after reading lots of articles here on GBody to go 2" front and rear..smaller tire up front to start, should give me a little rake. Going to use 2" drop spindles up front 2" drop springs in the rear. Now my questions!! Really what spindles work on a Monte...I have read S10's will work not blazer, then blazer spindles will work up to blah blah blah..It seems the one's marketed for Monte's are a little higher..or just my perception. Also what spring can I use for the rear? I have been looking and can only find .75" - to a 1" rear drop spring? And the last questions shocks...What shocks for this type drop. Car is not going road racing..just cruising and shows...and part #s, guidance would be really appreciated..also thanks for all the info so far..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor