85 regal T TOP, dealer order tops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WASTEDTALENT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2010
so this guy claims these are og stock t tops on his car its an 85, to me they look like the ones available during 78-80. someone posted that it could be a dealer order maybe coach builder that it was sent to for t tops. just asking if you guys have ever seen that style on a newer car come stock. me personally to me looks like he paid too much for a car that someone put older tops on it and said they were OG, the trim doesn't even line up i dont see that being stock but i could be wrong anybody have any info on this?

2011-04-17194857.jpg

2011-04-17194954.jpg

2011-04-17195504.jpg

2011-04-17195514.jpg

2011-04-17191240.jpg

2011-04-17190321.jpg

2011-04-17190248.jpg

2011-04-17195019.jpg

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
them TT where an aftermarket setup. I think the company went out of bussiness yrs ago. I had an 85 cutlass with same setup in my opinion absolute junk. Also it wasnt a dealer option that i know of.

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
those are not original t-tops those were probably dealer made or something of that nature. good way to tell is the large amount of roof between the windshield and the t-top. factory t-tops have a smaller amount almost nothing.

WASTEDTALENT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2010
chevy2480 said:
them TT where an aftermarket setup. I think the company went out of bussiness yrs ago. I had an 85 cutlass with same setup in my opinion absolute junk. Also it wasnt a dealer option that i know of.

so you could order them?

WASTEDTALENT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2010
ERIC87442 said:
those are not original t-tops those were probably dealer made or something of that nature. good way to tell is the large amount of roof between the windshield and the t-top. factory t-tops have a smaller amount almost nothing.

yea that's Wat i noticed instantly i have a t top car myself, i did some research and they look almost identical to the ones offered 78-80

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Welcome to my world! :D They were an aftermarket kit made by a company called Cars and Concepts. They went under long ago. Your set looks identical to what I have. Treat those rubbers nicely because I don't think you can get them anymore. You can tell the difference from the stock kit because of the sheet metal behind the windshield, and the clamps instead of pins.

A place in MO called the sunroof doctor bought all of C&C's old inventory. They don't list the G-body kit/parts on their site, but they might still have something left. Been a long (long) time since I asked.

WASTEDTALENT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2010
GP403 said:
Welcome to my world! :D They were an aftermarket kit made by a company called Cars and Concepts. They went under long ago. Your set looks identical to what I have. Treat those rubbers nicely because I don't think you can get them anymore. You can tell the difference from the stock kit because of the sheet metal behind the windshield, and the clamps instead of pins.

A place in MO called the sunroof doctor bought all of C&C's old inventory. They don't list the G-body kit/parts on their site, but they might still have something left. Been a long (long) time since I asked.

good info right there, i have the original factory t-tops on my car. i just saw that car posted all over a lowrider website claiming it was original, so i figured id post it and see if anybody on here had any info for myself guy said he paid $5500 for it.

Veltboy618

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2008
Not factory! It was a guy with t Hurst on here with his top done the same way a while ago

natedogg84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2011
riv ca
not an og its aftermarket it doesnt have the plastic panels inside if you could see it has cloth around like when they do the sun roof... and i also seen it in the lowrider website for 5500 he over payed i own a 84 regal ttop digi dash digi ac climate control opera lights power everything all og way cleaner than that one for way less than that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor