85 ss almost finished

Jdam

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2018
I thought you already had a Merlot setup in the rear?

I’m in for the pics too including the damage only for own selfish reasons (I’m adding support in my rear area presently.)
The merillat racing upper and lower boxes survived, the frame didnt. Its no wonder I had a hard time driving it. The lower boxes were flexing up about 1.5 inches, it actually pushed the floor boards up. The g body frame is not meant for this, Its weak, and the metal is junk. Im going to do all these upgrades and will probably do a tube chassis next year. If you send me a pm with your phone number Ill send you some pictures, Im too computer stupid to post them.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
So it’s safe assume that you’re going to tie the boxes into the cage and eliminate the frame support?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor