85 SS, Where to start??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea i drive it about 50 miles a day, and the compliments are endless, sitting at the muffler shop people were walking over wanting to talk lol.

hey, nice thread.
i got an 85 monte as well. she was my daily driver. w a 305. she was decent. never had any major mechanical problems w her. just the normal wear and tear. (breaks / tires ) but its off the road now. and i want to make it race worthy. im hoping to get a 440 for it, roll cage.. i plan on working on it alot this year. i look forward to see how yours turns out... these are great cars. i love mine.
i would do a smaller restore for it, but ive been getting so many tickets in the thing. i came to the conclusion, it will be way better to race it, and avoid tickets.
everyones advice is good. i will be doing the paint, windows and rims as aswell.

I have a brand new in the box set of lower control arms for 82-02 camaro's, i matched them up to the monte and they look like they will fit perfect. Anyone know anything about this? also came with bushings and all when i bought them a couple years ago. found them out in the shed today at my old mans. HELP PLEASE

They should work for ya. But they prolly won't have the holes for the rear sway bar. You can drill them but they need to be reinforced so you don't crush the control arm when you tighten the bolts.

:bump:

OK so i have new 2.5in true duals with flowmaster 40's so can cross that off my list.

Computer is gone after yesterday.

I need to order all the window felts/door rubber. Any pointers fellas??

I am also on the hunt for a cowl induction hood...... :D (just dont tell my wife!!)

bowtietillidie85SS said:
:bump:

OK so i have new 2.5in true duals with flowmaster 40's so can cross that off my list.

Computer is gone after yesterday.

I need to order all the window felts/door rubber. Any pointers fellas??

I am also on the hunt for a cowl induction hood...... :D (just dont tell my wife!!)

Mikes Montes. I bought a ton of parts he is really good.

So i have picked up some 291-2 double hump heads, with 2.02 1.6 valves, and am going tomorrow evening to trade my K&N air cleaner assembly and auto meter tach for a MSD 6a and weiand intake. I need to get the heads to the machine shop and pick up a bracket for my alternator when i do the swap, there are no acc holes on those heads. Should be able to order my weatherstripping and window felt this week! Not planning on doing the head swap for a little while yet, im waiting to see if i can pick up one of those " My loss your gain " deals on a shortblock and put together another engine. but if i cant find something by the end of the month ill do the swap and see what pops up this summer short block wise-

Still looking for cowl induction hood and now more then ever contemplating a 700r4 swap this summer so it would be more enjoyable for trips, we are planning an headin down to Cruisin' the coast this fall.. Anyone else go?? :banana:

Well ordered all my window stuff should be here in the next few days. Also thinking about trading the wheels that are currently on the car for some corvette ralleys, i would paint the wheels black and use the chrome ring and center cap what you guys think? If weather cooperates, im going to remove the front swaybar and i guess there frame braces? they make a V right in front of engine and sand them down and repaint them. the swaybar has new energy bushings so not going to replace them just clean it up a bit. If that goes well then next weekend maybe get some fresh paint on inner fenders and some other misc places in the engine bay next weekend. I work 6 days a week and have classes on Tuesday's and Thursdays from 5-8 so im usually pretty strapped for time to do things but slowly comin along! I still need to add pics from computer removal and dual exhaust added! I will do that tomorrow!

Booooo still no pics!! Those bars you are talking about are the "jounce bars". You don't really need them, just package them up in a box and send up here in IL 8)

Well Here are some pics i finally got around to taking, New Accel Distributor, Intake painted with new gasktets, New thermostat housing, New fuel pump, Newish Exhaust, New alternator and so on and soforth. Next is cleaning the engine bay and getting some fresh paint in there!
016-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

020.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

012-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor