86 442 with 70 dual snorkel hood scoops pics needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
I have seen it couple times poking around on g body sites . But cant find it now. Anyone see this car . Looks to have had the dual snorkel grafted to the newer hood . Or its fiber glass. Anyone find me better pics thanks

High Roller

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2009
Cowtown USA, MN

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
88hurstolds said:
It's called a W-25 hood, not W-30 and the only source for them is USbodysource,
pictures of mine are in my photo gallery.

Actually I found several Fiberglass ones all called W 30 . But that's the hood I'd get if had funds .

Thanks Nice ride by the way .

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
MR442 said:
Actually I found several Fiberglass ones all called W 30 .
they're wrong and obviously aren't Oldsmobile guys, just salesmen. The hood itself is a W-25 hood, W-25 was the factory RPO. Yes it came on W-30's but it also came on W-31's, 442's, Cutlass Supreme and even F85's.
Beware of the quality, many of those G-body W-25 hoods are junk, bad curves, poor construction and design and not to mention fitment. USBodysource was the first to make them and make a really sturdy hood with good lines, the downside is that there is no airbox and the fitment needs addressing but that goes with any fiberglass hood.
USBodysource also uses the stock frame fibered over, if there is a source that states the same chances are they are supplied by them and marked up. VFN doesn't make them for G body, I have spoken with them a few times ANC was very close to getting them to make ma functional W-25 hood.
I suggest calling them and making a request, heck I suggest that everyone reading this post does...
They are local to me and my next step is to just bring my 88 in to show them that they can corner the market if they produce one with an airbox.
Usbodysource sells the airbox but it needs customization and you must buy a hood from them to get one...

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
Just meant that is what they r sold as The W30 hood . Making it functional would be cool . We'll see . What happens .

Its guys like you that make forum sites . Good info . And everyone here seems to have that gift thanks guys

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
Just meant that is what they r sold as The W30 hood . Making it functional would be cool . We'll see . What happens .

Its guys like you that make forum sites . Good info . And everyone here seems to have that gift on one item or another.

thanks guys .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor