'86? '87? Myrtle Grand Prix GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
I remember seeing them advertised in the local nyc papers. I'm pretty sure they were 87's. I think they had grey LE interiors. The reason I think they were 87's is because after the 2+2 was dropped after the 86 model year, some dealers were looking to have something to lure the monte ss buyers.

BTW, does anyone else remember seeing maroon GP 2+2's? When I look them up now it says all 1200 were grey. I'm pretty sure there was a maroon one in my neighborhood back then. Actually that's the only one I remember seeing back then.

jerry455

Apprentice
Jul 9, 2006
sterling hts mi
maroon g.p.

the maroon car is not a 2+2 it is a regular grand prix with the 2+2 nose on it . it is a gm vehicle that i believe is in the gm storage building. i work at gm miford proving ground and have seen the car up close. eventually i want to put a reproduction 2+2 nose on my '86 and paint it black , kind of like a gn version of the gp only better looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor