86 monte carlo ss fuel tank for efi 800-1000 hp range tt

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
If you’re in South Florida go to Racefittngs talk to James they he is great and helps out a ton. Amazing parts dealer but they also have some nice aluminum tanks with a sump that fit in the stock location. If not I’m sure they can either weld the sump in the in house shop or send you to someone who can. Might also want to check with Danny at South Florida Muscle Cars but he’s usually pretty busy.
So far james and this forum has gotten my project moving. thanks again for that tip.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
This is an early photo of my setup. I now have 3 pumps with PTFE line (the rear in this photo is long gone as well.) My pre-filter is mounted on the trailer hitch, but before the hitch was installed it was mounted on the rear bumper.

Personally, I prefer my setup to others that I've seen (I guess that's why I have it haha), but the downfall is that there is not room to run the exhaust over the rear axle.

My secondary filter is attached to the Jegs fitting that is visible in the photo. The piece of steel they hang on I welded onto the frame just behind the springs. If I can find a better picture of the 3 pump mounting, then I'll attach it. But I'm quite certain it is in my build thread in the Drag Racing section. It should be updated since Feb. with the current setup.

IMG_2392.jpg

Edit : found the pics, post 735.

If you're running external(s), then get the primary pump as low as possible, trust me, it's important.

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
This is an early photo of my setup. I now have 3 pumps with PTFE line (the rear in this photo is long gone as well.) My pre-filter is mounted on the trailer hitch, but before the hitch was installed it was mounted on the rear bumper.

Personally, I prefer my setup to others that I've seen (I guess that's why I have it haha), but the downfall is that there is not room to run the exhaust over the rear axle.

My secondary filter is attached to the Jegs fitting that is visible in the photo. The piece of steel they hang on I welded onto the frame just behind the springs. If I can find a better picture of the 3 pump mounting, then I'll attach it. But I'm quite certain it is in my build thread in the Drag Racing section. It should be updated since Feb. with the current setup.

View attachment 224249

Edit : found the pics, post 735.

If you're running external(s), then get the primary pump as low as possible, trust me, it's important.
I’ll take a look when I get back on a computer. Can’t get the pump too low unfortunately. Don’t want it to be seen. I mounted it in the center support of the rear bumper. Just think this may not be the safest place. Just don’t see many options. I was told to leave at min 6” between filters and the pump.
3224E69E-55B8-438E-9BA6-3D64A9A67D45.jpeg
EFB01A94-5D36-4D5C-82A3-43675585714E.jpeg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor