86 monte horn relay location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve-R0828

Apprentice
Apr 16, 2019
Hey guys what's up!! I'm looking for my horn relay for my 86 monte getting sick being upside down under dash looking anyone know where the horn relay is located its driving me nuts thanks any help would be a +

Steve-R0828

Apprentice
Apr 16, 2019
I found two round relays above ebrake release but they don't look like the part I was given from the parts store I'm looking for the square 3 prong style relay the two I found are round v shape two prong

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I was looking up the wrong parts.

The relay is located BEHIND the dash on the left of the steery column. It's mounted on the little panel that the alarm chime is mounted on behind the dash. It's right NEXT to the alarm chime. There should be a 3 prong relay tiny box. I believe it is the TOP one.

Relay is GM p/n 25523703, still available from GM- List price around 19 bucks. ACDelco # D1776.

Looks something like this.

25523703 horn relay.jpg

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
This might help locate it. It's located next to the red alarm box here.

6rm42p.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Steve-R0828

Apprentice
Apr 16, 2019
Awesome!! Thank you so much guys I'll update tomorrow when I get in there again. It was a rainy day today here in nh

Steve-R0828

Apprentice
Apr 16, 2019
Its right where Hurst said it would be that pic helped so much this is why I love this forum everyone helps each other. And Hoffa mine is a base model that was originally a 6cyl idk if that makes a diff but I found mine behind the dash. I'll let you guys know if the horn sounds after I plug it in

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Montes are such abnormal creatures...putting horn relays in various places...that's just not right. Easter egg hunts are NOT allowed on G-bodies, dammit! :)

Trade them in for a Cutlass. I got CSM's for those. Then I can be of more help. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor