87 442

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmparts

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
Doing a frame off resto on my 87 442, everything original. Keeping the 307, will look like the day it came off the line.

Reactions: 1 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
And, truthfully, it "might" hold value better that way. I say "might" because modern mods are gaining in popularity. An all original '65 442 numbers matching but red w/black [not original paint color] that I wished I could have bid on sold on BJ recently for only $28K. A heavily modified '66, 4 wheel disks, [way too] big wheels, I think coilovers, sold for $50 something K.

I just know I absolutely love the 13.4/103 it will do now with NO traction over the 15.9/87 it did stock. I expect mid 12s pretty easy when I get it to actually hook up and it should perform respectfully on the track too [for what it is]. And I will still [probably] get dusted by a Civic but at least now it will have to be HEAVILY modified . . .

Reactions: 1 user

gmparts

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
Don't care about value, yes it is nice to make money. When I build a car its for me not resale. I know I have a lot into it already and it doesn't bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor