87 Cutlass rocker panel trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIKD CUT

Apprentice
May 28, 2010
Can somebody tell me what the trim pieces are made out of? Chrome? Stainless steel? Aluminum?

I have some fine scratches in them that really show up when the sun is at a low angle in the sky. I have tried chrome polish, wax, Never Dull, all to no avail. Please tell me what this stuff is so I can polish it the proper way.

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
http://www.eastwood.com/buffing/metal-b ... c-set.html

A scratch in any type of metal has to be sanded down with increasingly finer grades of grit. Just like polishing aluminum or paint. You start with a grit course enough to remove the scratch (which depends on how deep the scratch is) and then use finer and finer grits to remove the scratches from the following grits. You then move to a compound and then to a polish which is basically the finest grit you can get and it is suspended in a liquid form.

I will say this. Whether you do it or have someone else do it, plan on doing it all or the rest will just look that much duller. It's like putting old chrome bumpers back on a new paint job. That fresh paint will make the old chrome bumpers look that much worse...

A

Anonymous

I know many ppl who use plain old fish scales for the trim. Who really cares anyways? G body Q body T body a car is a car. I like chink cars myself. :lol: good night

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:wtf:

Did anyone understand this... ? Decipher please...

Nevermind. I'm not sure I want to know ......... :roll:

fish scales ... chink cars ... :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor