87 Cutlass Salon 307 wont idle....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2009
Tennessee
When my car was acting like that it was the intake manifold going bad, then next thing that went out was the fuel pump. The car will still run several times w/ the fuel pump going bad before it finally doesn't work anymore.

The intake itself or the gaskets?

Raven87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2009
Tennessee
Yea, sorry for not updating this in a while(life). I never could get it figured out, and after rebuilding the carb i finally gave up and bought one.
A friend of mine recommended www.guaranteedcarburetors.com . Said he'd bought a few over the years and never had any trouble. I was amazed that i could get another one for about $200. I was expecting 300-400 really. Say they run them before they ship them, and believe it or not after i got it hooked up, she fired right up. Seems to be doing ok, but i would like to get a dwell meter and check this one to see what it is running at. Maybe i can fine tune it a little.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor