87 Cutlass Supreme Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked out your car. Looks real good. You're hard work definitely paid off.

I read once that GM designed the ultra low first gear of the 700-r4 to help the weak early 305s get a pick up truck & load moving from a stop. But if you have decent torque or lower gears or a lighter car then it can be tire spining overkill & leaves a long gear step from first to second. Although it certainly can be made to work well IMO it is often more work & expense with most of our performance gbody applications to end up with something that is less ideal than what GM already used for its gbody performance applications, the 200-4R. I think many people were just unitentionally miss informed.

Nice looking Cutty.

I always figured the low 1st was for the 4wd applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor