'87 cutlass supreme Header Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
I recently purchased a '87 cutlass supreme with what I thought to be a 307. Turns out its a 350, by no means am i disappointed. I ran the casting numbers on the block above the water pump and turns out its a '77-'80 olds 350. How do i find out what year it is exactly? Now to the headers, What brands and types require modifications to make them fit or are most just drop ins?

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
People are constantly asking about here about what brand headers will fit right. The answer is, was, and will always be the same; cheap, mass produced headers may or may not fit right. Unfortunately that's just the way it is. Mass produced headers are simply not made to exacting specs every time so where one set will fit like a glove, another set of the same brand won't fit for crap. For Olds, American Racing headers are the only ones that will fit right every time.

77-80 year 350's are all identical. I don't know if there's a way to determine the exact year but it doesn't really matter since they're all the same. They are all low performance 'smog' engines in stock form. Of all the year Olds 350's, they are the worst but are still better than any 307.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor