87 cutlass tail lights blowing fuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

hickstersks

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2009
my 87 cutlass keeps blowing the tail light fuse as soon as you turn on the switch. i havent had time to trace the whole harness yet. i have a short somewhere. i was wondering if any one knows where to find a schematic or if any one has any likely places i could check in the wiring.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
I don't know of anywhere online, but I'm sure you can find wiring diagrams in the back of a Hayne's manual or Chilton.

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
Here is a 1987 Cutlass chassis wiring schematic. I have access to a Chilton-type online database at my college that has stuff like this. I also have a 1987 Oldsmobile service manual that has a better schematic, but it is in the back of a thick book and was hard to scan.

Attachments

• 87cut.JPG
    87cut.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 3,100

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Well now I am having the same problem. My tail fuse blew a couple of months ago. Then it blew again today. I put a new one in and now it keeps blowing. I guess Ill just have to start looking at my wiring tomorrow. Not really sure where to start looking.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Well it ended up being a short in the wiring harnes going to all my front lights. Glad Ive got another car to pull parts from.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Well i just know its a lot easier to talk about it now that I've figured it out. I was pretty mad about it yesterday when I had no running lights. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor