CUTLASS Dye Color Needed- 1979 Cutlass

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
My 1983 Pontiac Bonnewagon interior was a nice color called Regal Blue. SEM had discontinued it but I searched and searched the interwebs for weeks. I eventually came across an auto body shop supply house in Ohio and they had a case lot of the Regal Blue aerosol cans. I bought the whole case on the spot. I still have most of them after re-doing all the major interior panels , dash, and console.

Reactions: 2 users

BlueCalais79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 3, 2021
Thanks all, I'll be taking these parts to a body shop I've been advised of will do the work as I don't have the parts & smarts to dye mix.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Thanks all, I'll be taking these parts to a body shop I've been advised of will do the work as I don't have the parts & smarts to dye mix.
Theres no mix. SEM Color Coat goes into a spray gun with no thinner, hardener or reducers. Pour it in right from the can after you stir it. Put a coat of adhesion promoter on after cleaning the pieces and spray on the color a few minutes later. Its dry in a matter of minutes. Like old school lacquer. VERY simple to use. Why pay someone to do it for you unless you dont have a compressor. Just sayin...

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

QS442

Master Mechanic
Sep 20, 2011
DE
I sprayed the lower door panels, A pillars and the horn button in the SEM saddle tan in this 1979 back in 2021. Good match for me.

I have some left in a can if you want to test it out. The can is yours for the price of shipping.

Attachments

• 20200624_111622.jpg
    20200624_111622.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor