87 lt1 swap efi or carb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2013
Eldersburg md 410
So I got a 87 cutlass supreme. I'm doing a lt1 swap while I build a ls1. I have a chance to get a 96 lt1 with harness and computer. So should I keep it efi or convert it to a carb? Anyone have an opionin? Other then motor mounts and engine what else would I need to keep the efi? Would it be easier to convert to a carb?

seawolf18

Master Mechanic
Jan 12, 2013
SE South Dakota
Carb would be easiest. To do EFI, you would need to customize the harness you have to work with your car, or buy a customized one. Then, you will need to get the ECM programmed for your application. I went with carb with my setup due to simplicity.

Blake B

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2011
KS
IMHO half of the benefit of going to an LT/LS swap is to go FI. You could go to a F.A.S.T retro FI setup or other stand alone setup to make it easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor