BUILD THREAD 87' Monte Carlo SS Custom Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
rarperformance said:
I got mine on Ebay for $56.95 free shipping. You get a 47.5" x 15.5" sheet. Plenty enough material. Item# 400763691082.
Thanks for the part number! One more question, how did you put the center bend in it? I feel like with the offset holes it would be easy to get a crooked looking bend.

rarperformance

Apprentice
Apr 17, 2008
Mississippi
We used sheet metal to make the surrounding frame and added a back, I say skeleton, the shape of the grille in the back to attach the grille to using epoxy. If you look close behind the grille you can see part of the frame that the grille attaches to. Actually a box with a backing, but cut open in the rear leaving an edge and a center piece to attach the grille to.

rarperformance

Apprentice
Apr 17, 2008
Mississippi
I ordered a Bowtie and SS emblem. The Bowtie came in today. I like it better than the one on the GM Performance Monte SS. I will make the grille or emblems where they can be interchanged or without.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Wow 8) subscribed! it's bound to be a bad *ss!!

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Looks like a great build so far, but I'm kind of curious about those black/chrome wheels it was sitting on in the earlier pics. Do you know the make/model? They'd look pretty good on my Cutlass

rarperformance

Apprentice
Apr 17, 2008
Mississippi
RustRocket- Those wheels are aftermarket wheels 15x8, close to a BBS style.
We painted the inner fenders. The pics don't give it justice. We went with a Gold base and 5 coats of Candy Rasapberry. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor