87 Regal hood fit on an 87Cutlass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
No, the hoods are a different shape. It will bolt up, but that's about it.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I can't really answer that as I have never tried it. Just google some pictures and have a look. The sides should line up pretty good. It's at the nose you have to worry about. The body lines will be the biggest obstacle - the Cutlass hood dips in the middle, while the Regal hood is raised in the middle.

1987_Buick_Grand_National_GN_pppp.jpg

84olds14619-C.jpg

It looks like both are pretty striaght across the front, but no idea if the length is close. Making the body lines look right would be almost impossible though IMHO.

88SST-56

n00b
Apr 2, 2007
Lynn Haven, Florida
I don't know if the hood will interchange with the OLDS header panel and fenders, but I hav seen personally, an OLDS with a complete REGAL front clip on it, and it looked fine. As a matter of fact, this car was in the "U-Pull it" a few months back. I know that the ODS and BUICK use the same inner fenderwells, which are a ROYAL-PITA to remove. HTH's

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
88SST-56 said:
I don't know if the hood will interchange with the OLDS header panel and fenders, but I hav seen personally, an OLDS with a complete REGAL front clip on it, and it looked fine. As a matter of fact, this car was in the "U-Pull it" a few months back. I know that the ODS and BUICK use the same inner fenderwells, which are a ROYAL-PITA to remove. HTH's

That is easily done because Regal & Cutlass doors are the same, so if you swap the complete front clip, everything fits perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor