87 regal with built 231 v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
Evan's 85 said:
I was hoping to come on here and see u bragging bout a new gbody! Was it too much of a project when u went to give it a look? Keep us informed.

If he would have ever answered or told me where he lived.
I might have had the car but I think hes hiding something, so I never through with it.
Still looking out for a g body though always.
Maybe one day.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
67rstbkt said:
DoubleV said:
Sorry David, nothing personal but I'm going to say due to your history of getting screwed over and making bad decisions, you're just heading for another crash. You have been given advice in the past not to buy some one elses 'modded' project due to you limited mechanical aptitude and you agreed. You have also been given the advice to buy a car that's already setup the way you want it and again you agreed. Now you want to go out and get rid of your ( presumably ) only decent reliable car and trade it for a modded up 'hot rod' V6? Seriously dude, WTF?

But hey, who knows, maybe everything will work out OK, but if I were a betting man I'd say you're setting yourself up for another disaster.

I'll have to double, DoubleV's response here :) If that Honda runs as good as you say, do not trade for this. DO NOT DO IT.

I'm Not thanks.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
boostmaster said:
Why not keep the Honda as a DD and buy the Regal as a project to tinker with? Something you can afford to have down for a few weeks while you do maintenance or other things that requires keeping it off the road.

I drive a beater Honda as a DD because it's super reliable and gets 43mpg. Even on it's best day my regal wont do that!
Just a thought.

Yeah that's what I have been trying to do is just save up some money and buy a cutlass I seen on there for 500, another cutlass for 800 and another for 900 also another for 600. So I'm just looking for another cheap cutlass that will be my project while I have this car.

Thanks.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Sounds like a good idea

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
Evan's 85 said:
Sounds like a good idea

That's most likely what I will do.
I was wishing I could just trade through here from someone off here for my car.
But never even tried, thinking I would get laughed at our kicked because I don't think anyone through her likes these cars and would trade their g-body for my honda.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
David Williamson said:
Evan's 85 said:
Sounds like a good idea

But never even tried, thinking I would get laughed at our kicked because I don't think anyone through her likes these cars and would trade their g-body for my honda.
maybe not but ya never know

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
Evan's 85 said:
David Williamson said:
Evan's 85 said:
Sounds like a good idea

maybe not but ya never know

Yeah very true, Think I might actually go for it.

Blake B

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2011
KS
Just words of advice from some one just being in your situation a year ago.. Don't sell the honda for a project. if that cutlass guess down for any reason your SOL. I know wants seem to get ahead of our needs but your talking about buying a 25+ year old car not knowing what it's true condition until you really open it up.

Have a DD before starting your project even simple things you may need to do, may run over time wise and cause the car to be down an extra day or 3..

Cutlass' aren't going anywhere and I've found beret deals come along as you wait.. Seems like the prefect car will just show up when your ready to buy. My car was an accident find. Wasn't looking for it, but here she is.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Well, one thing that he told ya wrong was that it had buckets and console. I just seen the renewed ad on Craigslist with more pictures, it's got black plush interior, but it's a split bench with a b&m like shifter mounted to the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor