87 without Euro Clip, True?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick442

Master Mechanic
Apr 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
I don't recall that nose being available in 1987 at all. Even in Canada . . .

I do remember early 1986 sales info listing the Euro nose as an option, but this never came about until it was standard in 87. Anyone else remember?

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
unfortunately i can't speak about the official options, but one thing to keep in mind is that it's GM. If the didn't produce or sell the car by a certain point, they will call it by the next model year.
one example is that there are no true 88 monte SS's. they are all 87's.
sometimes the VIN plate will reflect this, most often you have to look at the tag on the door with the place and date of manufacture.
on a similar note, i once had a GM truck at the shop with the "wrong" engine. one that wasn't available that production year. best guess is that they ran out of the "old" engine and threw in a "new" one instead.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Only way to tell would be from the VIN. And it's hard to say what GM would have done with exports but it's not at all hard to just swap header panels from an '87 to the older cars and vice versa.

missinmy86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 15, 2009
Worst thing is us from North of the boarder need to look at cars like this for 1800 and see what is out of reach south of the boarder. That whole car needs serious work and the nose does look like an after accident replace as it doesnt even fade into the doors.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
rIbBaD said:
guy claims it is an 87, any truth to this?

Somebody put an earlier nose on an 87 after an accident. Happens all the time. There are many 69 Cutlasses with 68 noses (and vice versa) running around, for example.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
That front deffinatly is not an 87. The 87-88 cutlass supremes only had euro. Probably was a wreck.

jackbootedthug

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 27, 2009
Massachusetts
I have an '86 and it has the euro nose on it does anyone if that was standard for my year or if it was changed it looks like it was always there but who knows.

treed_cutlass

Apprentice
Oct 17, 2008
I would doubt it's original. AFAIK only '87 and '88 cars came with the euro nose from the factory.

Take a look on the underside of the nose and bumper cover and see if its a different colour. Depending on how much was spent on paint, that may not have been sprayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor