88 CUTLASS CLASSIC 7.5 QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
Okay so i'm curious here, and before anyone comments, no i dont have the money for a 9inch swap and no welder to do the ford 8.8 which i dont want anyways. havent been able to find a 8.5 for my build and was curious of eeveryones opinions on rebuilding the 7.5 with a new posi unit, 3:42 gears, c-clip eliminators, and 28 spline axles. i'm gonna be running a .030 455 with 10:1 compression and a mild cam then a 200r4 trans. no drag strip or slicks in the future. just a fun cruiser/ street car. curious on reliable places to pickup parts for this rearend that i could buy a kit. and then curious to see if anyone knows if the strange, or moser c-clip eliminators will work on a 7.5. all i've managed to find are the ones for the 8.5. anyone have experiece with this setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor